The CAI Model UVF 5560L Oil-in-Water Analyzer utilizes the field-proven UV Fluorescence method to continuously detect the undesirable presence of oil in water.
The Front Surface UV Fluorescence Probe that is mated with the Model 5560L Controller via a pair of fiber-optic cables (i.e. excitation and emission) can either be installed directly into a process pipe or configured to continuously measure the oil-in-water content on an extractive basis.
The UVF 5560L can be applied in a variety of different applications:
- Oil in boiler return-steam condensate within a power generation facility.
- Oil in cooling-tower water for hydrocarbon leak detection purposes.
- Detecting the oil levels collected within a refinery sump pit prior to discharge to our waterways for environmental compliance purposes.
- Oil-in-water detection at gas-oil separators (GOSP) / gathering centers.
- Waste-water treatment plants (WWTP).
- The detection of oil in produced water from an offshore oil rig and FPSO for environmental compliance purposes.
CAI UVF Analyzer Highlights
- Compact, space-saving configuration with no moving parts. Available for use in either hazardous or non-hazardous-rated areas.
- Long-life, pulsed UV Xenon flash lamp.
- Photomultiplier tube (PMT) detector provides a highly sensitive and stable measurement of the oil in water.
- Process pipe insertion devices allow the Front Surface UVF Probe to be installed and safely removed from a process pipe under pressure.
- The UVF Probe is available in 316SS (Std) as well as other corrosion-resistant alloys.
- CAI provides fiber optic cables in flex-conduit to protect the fibers from being mishandled.
Download: Liquid Application Feasibility Form